Tuesday, July 3, 2012

crocheting the American flag part two



I've been working on crocheting two flags during all my spare time (which wasn't much) with the hopes of having them both finished by the 4th of July... yeah, tomorrow. This morning as I was working on the stars I realized that it wasn't going to happen.

I have ten out of a hundred done. Crap.

It wasn't until this morning that I finally came up with a star solution that I was happy with. I told myself that I wouldn't get too hung up on exact measurements and I didn't when it came to the crochet parts. To my surprise they turned out better than expected. The stars on the other hand needed to be exact if I wanted to fit 50 in a small space without them looking like a mess. It took a lot of trial and error to come up with something that I was happy with and I really like how the stars are turning out. 

I could have rushed and settled with something else just to get the flags finished in time... but I realized that these flags will last a lot longer than the holiday tomorrow. 


There will be plenty of opportunities to hang these flags in my windows once they are finished. And that is something to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment